Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 42 of Biggest Loser Challenge 2

March 27, 2011 is the 42nd day of Biggest Loser Challenge 2, Sunday.

 

"Bonding Time"

 

After my 2 days training(Friday-Saturday), my 2-day weekend with my boys was cut short, so i was thinking of something to do with them on the 1 day left of my weekend.


And finally, i decided... the best bonding moment with them, is staying home. Simple and practical.

 

Breakfast: 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup giniling with mixed vegs.


So, after going to church with the whole family and to make our weekend special, hubby and I cooked their favorite Sinigang, which is Nilagang Baboy really. We just tell them it's sinigang because kuya Karl's fave is sinigang.

 

We cooked the Nilaga on our traditional kalan, using gatong as fuel for the fire. This is also to save gasul. So after several minutes of boiling the spare ribs until tender, my boys assisted me in cooking the Nilaga. Kuya karl was my runner in getting the salt, pechay and sandok while Kent was my "taster". And he would always say "'rap!" short for "Sarap". 

 

I have discovered this technique on how to make picky-eaters love to eat... Make them involved in cooking. 

 

Lunch: 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup nilaga, 1/2 cup giniling with mixed vegatable.


So by lunch, we shared the Nilaga together with Glen with some leftovers from dinner and breakfast. I knew that the Nilaga was good, 'coz the rice was bitin. Thanks to Glen who donated her cooked rice to the table..hahaha...


By late afternoon, while the kids played, i set up my laptop by the veranda, so i could play with them once in a while, while i blog and plan my week ahead (From this day, i will start to plan my coming week every sunday, for better time management, applying what i learned from my recent seminar). 

 

While the kids from the kapitbahay played with my boys, i shared coffee with Glen. While we talked about blogging and work...and munch on a junk-food combination of Nova-Piattos-Taquitos labeled as "Pica-Pica", Siopao (from Hocha) and coffee...

 

PM Snack: 2 slices of siopao (the siopao was divided into 10), handful of "Pica-Pica"  chips, 1 mug of coffee, 1 Sky Flakes Fit


By dinner, hubby volunteered to cook Sweet and Sour Tilapia. I wasn't planning to eat dinner, coz tomorrow is official weigh-in day, but i can't resist to pass on my hubby's special Sweet & Sour Tilapia. Which is actually good. I could have eaten a whole tilapia plus a lot of S&S sauce, but got hold of myself. I just satisfied myself with half of the tilapia.

 

Dinner: 1/2 Sweet and Sour Tilapia


This was indeed a good bonding moment for my family and friends... It was just a simple day, but 100% worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...