Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 13 of Biggest Loser Challenge 2

"Fiesta Day Today!"

February 26, 2011 is the 13th day of the Biggest Loser Challenge 2, Saturday.

Its jogging day. My hubby and i agreet to get up early so we could leave the house early and jog withovt the kids. By this, we could cover more distance and workout more.
But at 6 o'clock am, both my little boys are awake already. But Karl told me, that it’s ok to jog without them..Hmmm, my kids are beginning to understand that mommy and daddy needs to exercise and spend time alone together... 

My husband and I talked about so many things  while doing or 30-minute walk to the park. Then jogged for 30 minutes.

By the time we got back home, the boys had their morning shower already and were all giddy and excited. I volunteered to take them to the grocery, while my husband repaired the washing machine. While my angels do their weekly “pelengke” trip. I thought, the trip to the grocery would be a good workout and bonding with the Kids.

Took a quick breakfast, before the Grocery date with my boys...


Breakfast:
2 toasted wheat bread
2 pcs of chicken embotido
1 egg (fried – sunny side up)



We we’re back by 11am. I bought Senior Pedro’s lenchon manok for lunch and sauted 4 pcs of eggplant as side dish. My boys were starving and was eating the chicken while we’re preparing the table. But i still manage to take some pictures, before we devour on the food.

Lunch:
½ cup rice
1 pc Chicken (Lechon)
1 cup eggplant (sauted with pork)

I’m always looking forward for or weekend meal,  Because our family always enjoyed eating together. Even if the table is a mess (you know how messy kids eat) but its all worth it.

 During weekends, we use our veranda as our dining area. It is our time to enjoy the cool breeze of fresh air from the trees that surrounds the house and the natural light from the day sun. Also, its our time to mingle with the neighbours especially with our long time neighbourhood friend ninang/tita Glen.

My kids enjoyed inviting her over for lunch, breakfast or even dinner. My boys likes to tell her story about their day or the week that was. And tita Glen knows how to appreciate the kids...

Also, what i love about weekends, are the Saturday naps. After lunch and a few hours of chikkahan and kulitan with the kids, we prepare for our afternoon naps. This is the time i get to enjoy taking naps and reading stories for my two boys.  If others opt to go the mall on Saturdays, i prefer being at home with my family, playing hide and seek under the sheets and pillows or story telling with the kids... 




Then at 5pm, i started preparing Dinner. I plan to cook fresh lumpia for dinner. And so i instrvcted my angels to chop Singkamas, onion, garlic, carrots, beans, cabbage. With ¼ giniling and ¼ shrimp. I prepared my lumpia. By 7pm, we enjoyed dinner. I still have enovgh lumpia to share with my officemates. I have to thank my team mate Ophie for svggesting the recipe. Good that there is available ubod in the market.

I still have to perfect the sauce and the wrapper, but nevertheless, my family enjoyed it. 



Dinner:
1 serving of lumpiang ubod










Before going to sleep, my reward for cooking for my family was a back massage, courtesy of my husband. I still am suffering from my back ache. After the massage, i was able to slumber to sleep easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...