Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 67-70 of Biggest Loser Challenge 2

April 21-24, 2011 is the 67th to 70th day of Biggest Loser Challenge 2, Thursday - Sunday.
"Time-out"

It was just a simple summer. But it was special.

My 2 boys were already staying with their grandparents for 3 weeks, and when i saw them this thursday morning, their sun burned skin was evidence that they are having fun with Lolo and Lola.

For the last 3 days, my diet includes pakbet, tinapa, itlog na pula with kamatis, paksiw na sili, inihaw na tilapia, paksiw na tilapia, pritong tilapia, sinabawang suso(snail).
I forgot when i last ate authentic ilocano delicacies, so when my mom cooked everything that i missed, i dived in. Forgetting that i was on a diet. Haha!
My kids enjoyed harvesting tilapia from their Lolo's fish pond. I can see the spark in their eyes whenever their fishing net was so heavy with their "huli". Kent would jump with enjoyment whenever we transfer the harvest to the collecting basket.





Hubby would volunteer to grill the fishes straight from the fish pond. and we would snack on the fish with bagoong dip while we wait for the rest of lunch to arrive, while under the sun. 

Hubby also brought his fishing gadgets and taught the boys how to setup bait and fish. My boys didn't mind the heat of the sun, while eagerly waiting for their catch. 

On our last day, my boys dived into the mud-like waters of the fish pond to get snails, shells and shrimps for our baon to Manila. It was hard to get them out of the water.

Saturday night came and we had to go back to Manila. 
I felt the sadness in my Karl's eyes that he have to leave lolo behind. It touched my heart that in 3 weeks, lolo has been his very special companion and lolo has taught him well about feeding the chicken in the morning, feeding the dogs every after meal, harvesting tilapia whenever their is a buyer.  Kuya Karl has been lolo's constant companion everytime. And while our bus was leaving the station, Karl's eyes were flowing with tears, never wanting to leave.

I was touched that he even told me to say a short prayer for lolo and lola and all his cousins that he left in Isabela... And so i did. 

karl with covsins
While our bus left Isabela, karl and I talked about his 3-week stay in the province. I can see in his eyes that he really enjoyed his stay. 

Even it was only a 3-day vacation for me, it was worth it. Any little time away from work was worth it.


With all the holidays gone, its back to work week again. I just hope, reality would be nicer to me this time around...









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...