Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 59 of Biggest Loser Challenge 2

April 13, 2011 is the 59th day of Biggest Loser Challenge 2, Wednesday.

"More Bad News"

My day started ok. I ate breakfast early at the office and i was determined to reach my deliverables for today. 

breakfast

By lunch, i went to the market to buy my ingredients for my long-time plan to cook pad thai and for our food supplies for our Pulag climb for the weekend. And also for the grocery supplies for the house. I have no other time to do my groceries due to work load.

And then by around 2pm, one of the organizers of our climb called and delivered the bad news... We can't climb Pulag on saturday. 

Apparently, there are 250 people already registered to climb it and the registration officials of the Pulag National Park wont allow 25 more people.

I know that their reason was for the benefit of the mountain, but i still got frustrated when i heard this news.

working lunch
My mind was set to conquer Pulag this weekend as i blogged on my previous post (http://momyjorayma.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-mt-pulag-chronicles-part-1.html). All was already set, aside from my clothes and food supply, we were already packed and ready to go. I even got my hiking shoes tested and ready (http://momyjorayma.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-52-of-biggest-loser-challenge-2.html).

Urgghh!!! It's so frustrating when you want something so badly, but you can't do something to get it done... 

Also, i was expecting for this climb before the Final weigh in, coz this activity would definitely make me put off weight. Hayyy.. Plan aborted.

Because of my work schedule, i may not be able to set another climb for the next 3 months. And by the time those 3 months are over, the weather would not be suitable. Hays!

I was planning to jog by myself, but because of the bad news, i stayed on my table and concentrated on my work. I still cannot believe my Pulag climb is cancelled.

By 9pm i was heading home. I logged on to my FB account to monitor the updates of the climb. While i prepared my ingredients for my Pad Thai.

One good thing about this day, was my Pad Thai. On my first try, and without the authentic pad thai sauce, i pulled it through.

Hubby enjoyed it. Even if its a little spicy, I did too. I endulged myself even at 11pm in the evening. I ate my frustrations out. I know i will hate myself for it later, but, what the heck! i'm frustrated, and i want to eat! Period.

Day 3
Breakfast: 1/2 cup rice with sauted amplaya with egg

Lunch: 1 big pack tortillos
I was not able to resist the pack of tortillos on my grocery bag. It was supposed to be our baon for our Pulag socials but i couldn't resist.

Dinner: 1/2 pineapple, 1 cup of Nestle Fitness and Fruit

Midnight Snack: 1 plate of Pad Thai.

My very first Pad Thai
I also want to share my Pad Thai recipe.

2 cups of chicken strips marinated in soy sauce and cornstarch
2 cups of togue
3 tbsp onion leeks
2 tbsp parsely
4 cloves garlic
3 cups of pad thai noodles soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
2 eggs
4 sili labuyo
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 cup pad thai sauce (combi of 3tbsp sinigang powder, 2tbsp patis, 3tbsp sugar, 1tsp chili powder)

I heated 3 tbsp of cooking oil then sauted the garlic. Add in the chicken without the marinate and a little water and let the chicken to cook. I added the noodles and the pad thai sauce. Then added the togue, 1 tbsp patis and pepper. Mix it all up. 

I set the noodles on the side of the pan, then put the egg on the pan, letting it cook and untouched for a few seconds then mix with the noodles altogether. By this time, its a little messy, but i read that this is really how to cook pad thai. When its already ready i topped it with the chopped onion leeks and parsely and peanuts...

Served it hot with lemon or calamansi.. Make it a special pad thai when shared with your love one....








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...