Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 51 of Biggest Loser Challenge 2

April 5,  2011 is the 51st day of Biggest Loser Challenge 2, Tuesday.
"What kind of friend am I?"

My day evolved on how i have dealt with my friends today... That's why i asked myself this question...
After my usual morning brisk walking for 33 minutes from my house to the city, my team went to the warehouse to get our weights checked... And maybe because of my splurge yesterday, i only lost .1 of a kilogram... 
With only 28 days or 4 weeks remaining for this challenge, i vowed to never over indulge again and need to be strict on my diet and be consistent in doing my work-out... 

Breakfast: 1 cup adobong kangkong, 5 pcs of liempo (binagoongan), 1/2 cup rice.

I was thinking to start my oatmeal diet this week, but i'm still in the process of convincing myself to give up my 1/2 cup rice in the morning. 

Lunch: 1/2 pineapple

After lunch, I've done a spontaneous act of talking to a friend and clarified an issue at hand. But After seeing the negative effects of talking to this friend and being honest, even with all good intentions at hand, i contemplated if i have done the right thing. 

I just hope this friend sees that i did it for the benefit of all concerned and didn't want the issue to be bigger...

Period.

Dinner:Half serving of sizzling shawarma

Together with the other team, i jogged for 30 minutes. When my timer reached 30 minute count, i head back to the office to change and prepare to meet another friend...

By 7:45pm i was already at SM Fairview, while i waited for my friend, i looked around for climbing shoes.. I wanted to canvass for climbing/trekking shoes to know how much i need to prepare for it. I really need to buy one ASAP for my Pulag Climb 2 weeks from now...

By 8pm, my friend arrived together with her husband and son. This friend of mine will be leaving the country to work overseas and with only 2 days left, we agreed to meet up and say our goodbyes... 
We talked about her new endeavor, while doing last minute shopping. The closing background music of SM was playing so we kinda hurried up on her last minute buys for her supplies for her trip. Then, afterwards, we decided to forego our plan for Shawarma Night!

With his son in towed, we headed to "Tri Mo Shawarma Co." in Lagro area. This Shawarma place, whom i discovered thru my officemates, is still the best Shawarma i have ever tasted. I have also read recently good reviews about them. 

So i ordered 2 Special Beef Shawarma with Cheese To go! (one each for our hubbies) 1 Special Beef Shawarma for me and 1 sizzling Shawarma for my friend and his son, 1 coke for my friend and 1 Roya tru orange for his super kulit son...

I was not able to eat my Shawarma, instead, i shared the sizzling shawarma together my friend. Then we talked more...

As the evening ends, and we need to go our separate ways, we talked about how having a family and providing for it is very hard these days. I am personally proud of this friend for being very "family oriented" and i just hope, on her 2nd time of going abroad, she would be able to save for herself and her family, so she could stay here for good. Von Voyage my Friend... I hope to see you again soon...


As i traveled back home, i realized how lucky i am to found work near my home, that i don't have to leave the country and be apart from my family. For some, this is there only option. And thank God, for this blessing. 

I hope and pray that good fortune comes to these people who are looking for better opportunities abroad for their family's sake.
Before i retired to bed.. I uttered a short prayer ...

"Lord, thank you for giving me all your blessings today. Thank you for the blessing of friends. Friends who i can talk to and express my views with. I am praying for guidance for my family's safety. And for my friends, that You grant them peace of mind and keep them safe at all times."







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...