Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 52 of Biggest Loser Challenge 2

April 6,  2011 is the 52nd day of Biggest Loser Challenge 2, Wednesday.


"Got my new Trekking Shoes" 

I was now feeling the emptiness of our home, with the kids gone to their summer vacation with their grandparents in the province, together with my angels, Hubby and I was the "taong-bahay"...

But, on the positive side... we get to do other plans left undone due to the commitments with the kids...



So, finally, since i have no jogging buddy today, i met up with my hubby at SM North and i did it.. i bought my trekking shoes...

My budget for this was only 3K, but i can't get a low bargain for  trekking or all terrain shoes... Given that it has to be of quality, since it will be my primary gadget/tool for climbing...

I was planning to buy Salomon. This was my all-time favorite outdoor shoes. But it was too pricey... The model that i like was worth 7K++... Even for a good quality shoes, i wouldn't splurge that amount of money for a shoes...

So i looked around.. I was planning to canvass.. but i got my cash ready in case i find the right one...

my food supply
I was amazed that there are more shoe brands today that have outdoor shoe models.. I only knew a few outdoor shoe brands.. so when i discovered other brands, i knew i had more options...

Fila - Fila was always on sale. I don't know if they are for clearance sale or whatever, so when my hubby told me they have this "Everest" model for an outdoor shoe, i checked it out...According to him, it was on a 50% discounted price.. But, unfortunately, the Everest model is not available for women...

Merrel - Option 1. I saw a sleek merrel outdoor shoe for women worth 3400++. But i am not a fan of Merrel, mainly because i want to be different, so many people are wearing Merrel, but no questions asked this brand is good quality, i just dont like to be wearing the same shoes as the majority does, so i decided to continue to look around.
breakfast

World Balance - I saw their outdoor model and was only 1400++ and is on sale, so it's only 1100++. I was going to try it on, but when i asked for my size, according to the sales lady, the display model was the last size, which when i tried, i couldn't get my feet in.. so World Balance - Uncheck.

Next... I couldn't choose among the women's shoe section, so roam around again on the men's shoe section.. then i came across New Balance...

New Balance - the price was P3195, they had this all-terrain model, with my size!!! So i tried on the blue one, good cushion, with enough extra space inside (para iwas patay na kuko!) and within budget... Then i tried on the purple one -- and i fell in love with it... 
lunch

dinner
So i waited for hubby to arrived, so i can have 2nd opinion, i never took the shoes off so that i could show it to him, and he agreed. According to him, It looks good on me ( i was worried that with the extra size, i look like wearing ronald mcdonalds shoes), the spikes of the sole was good for trekking, and it was cool to the feet. So, i never let the opportunity pass, and paid for it...

Yehey! Got my trekking shoes.. all i need it to break it in before the climb...
New Balance - All Terrain



My usual diet:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup sardines omelet and 2 tbsp giniling with patatas and carrots.

Lunch: 1 papaya, 1 pakwan

Dinner: 1 serving of leftover sinigang na tilapia with lots of pechay, 1/2 shawarma leftover shared with hubby.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...