Sunday, May 8, 2011

To my mother....

May 8, 2011, Mother's day...

You can never really appreciate a person, not until, you were in their shoes....

I can never express how much i appreciate my mom, especially now, that i have become a mother myself...

Now, i can never imagine, or even believe, how my mom was able to endure all the hardship, just to give all that we need in life...

My mom had to leave us, when i was as young as 3 years old, my younger brothers where 2 and 1 year/s old then.

I would secretly cry whenever we bid goodbye to her at the airport. Even at a young heart, i felt and long for my mother...

Years passed, my mom worked miles away from us, while dad took care of us. Dad and mom was strong and determined to give us a good life, even if it means sacrificing their times together...

When i got to college, i decided to go into a public school,but mom insisted on a private one, considering my safety and quality education i would get, withstanding the additional years she had to work alone, away from us.

When my brothers and i graduated, and we can take care of ourselves, she decided to retire and stop working abroad.

It was her time to rest and let us live our lives on ourselves. It was time mom and dad retire from taking care of us, and its time to take care of each other.

When i got pregnant, but not yet married, it broke her heart. I felt it. I disappointed her. I know she wanted it right. So i promised to make it right. And with her guidance, i was able to build a family of my own.

When she retired, i secretly vowed that i would take care of her, but having a family of my own, i was not able to fulfill that promise, instead, she still took care of me. In her own little (and big) ways, she still take care of us. She still make her love felt in all ways possible...

and She would always be our shoulder to cry on...

She would be our rock, where we built our faith upon. Her strong faith, kept us closer and a believer to The Creator.

Even at 50+ she still manage to help me take care of my family. She is always a reliable person when i needed some support group at home.

She would give unsolicited and frank advises, that never fails to clears my mind.

As a mother myself, i couldn't imagine how i could be like my mom. She was a divine example of a mother.

But i owe it to her, more than i owe it to myself. To become a good mother, like what she is to us.

To my mother, Florenda F. Reyes, i love you. I appreciate you. I adore you. You are a blessing to everyone, especially to us. I can never express how grateful i am to all that you gave us.

I can only give it back, by being a good mother to my kids and to be a good wife to my husband, as you have set as an example to us.

I love you mommy... and thank you... very much...

























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...