When i read about this blog, i was hesitant to believe. Who would be that generous enough to give out $100 just like that.... but Mr Digital Catharsis is...and i believe he has a big heart for doin' this.. Advance happy birthday Mr Digital Catharis!
Yes! again, it's true... So i'm trying my luck for the $100 prize...
You may want to try your luck too...
Yup, a hundred dollars will be given away to the lucky winner! (The sponsor will be disclosed later). The amount will go straight to your bank account! For Philippine residents, the equivalent amount in pesos will be remitted.
So are you now excited to know the contest mechanics? Here it goes…
1. The contest is open to anyone, as long as you have your own blog site. Participants should be at least 18 years old. A bank account will be necessary, but the details will not be taken from the participant until he/she is declared the winner.
2. Point-system is going to be used for this contest. Each participants will given points for each site activity.
3. 5 points are given if you post about this contest on your site and invite your friends. If you have multiple blog sites, each post will be given five points. I need to know that you own several sites so the points would collect under one name only. You can mention that on your posts.
4. 4 points are given if you subscribe to the site. If you are a previous subscriber and is joining the contest, the points will be given to you.
5. 3 points will be given for posting a comment on any of the previous posts on this site. If you have commented before, they will not be counted. Only comments posted after today’s launch will be counted.
6. 1 point will be given for clicking the “like” button at the end of any of the previous posts. This part applies to WordPress users only.
7. It will be difficicult to count the points if you have many usernames, so 1 username per person only. So if you are using different usernames for your multiple sites, I might not be able to count them as coming from one person only. The points will be separated into the different usernames.
8. In case more than one person ties on the first place, I will choose the winner based on the contents of his posts and comments.
9. In case the winner does not have a bank account, he/she will be contacted by email to arrange on how the prize will be claimed.
10. I will have the right to disregard or not count the points for certain comments and posts (eg. not related to the article, annoying)
11. The contest will close on June 28, 2011 @ 12 midnight Philippine time. Contest winner will be chosen on 01 July 2011. The winner will be contacted by email to arrange on how the cash prize will be remitted.
Actually, this is the first time I am doing a contest on my blog and I am not sure if I there are rules out there that I might be violating, or I should consider. I just thought that this is just for fun, and there’s no advertisements or products involved, so I guess there’s nothing wrong with this. But just in case, I need to know something, please email me at email@example.com. Questions will be entertained as well. Any feed backs will be highly appreciated!